Search This Blog

Join Natural High

Paint Your Fingers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Winterized: Protecting your Natural Hair in the Winter Months

Well I can't believe it, but its October already. Crazy right? Well as much as I love the summer time. . you gotta change with the times and that goes with your hair too. My hair gets a little dryer in the winter months and its important to moisturize it just a little bit more. I'd say for me between October to March.

  • I like to do hot oil treatments and set my hair with pure Shea butter under the dryer.
  • Try washing your hair every two weeks maybe instead of washing it every week. Remember when you wash your hair. . you wash out all of the natural oils in it. Washing too often can cause it to be too dry!
  • I love hats in the winter time. You know the ones that look like little sweaters on your head? lol .. . Yes. . they are good . because lets face it. .sometimes we don't wanna have to deal with our hair, plus it will help you keep your hands out of your head.
  • Oiling your scalp on a more regular basis is also a good idea. Try not to grease your scalp. Greasing the scalp can cause your pores to get clogged. Oil is better because it's light and does the job. :)
  • Last but not least. .DRINK WATER. .. !! I can't stress this enough. Drinking water is not just good for your hair but good for your skin and over all body health too!
Ummmmm can't think of anything else now .. its been since last years since I winterized. . lol. . :)

Always remember. . your hair is like a plant . keep it watered ( moisturized) and your good do to go!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails