Search This Blog

Join Natural High

Paint Your Fingers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Drink Your Veggies. . Well Not Really. ..


I remember going to the spa with my mother sometime ago to check it out for her birthday. I wasn't getting any special treatment, but I was offered some very interesting looking water.

It was in a nice glass pitcher, but it had sliced cucumbers in it. I pointed at it and said to my mom "what in the world is that?". .. . She said "I don't know. . but it looks interesting."
Needless to say we gave it a try and now we love it.

It's a refreshing taste with your typical glass of water. It doesn't have a strong taste of cucumber, but adds a little extra purified taste that you will fall in love with.

The cucumbers improve the taste of regular tap water. If you drink distilled or purified water like myself, it is just fine .the taste will be good as well.

Soooo you can have your own spa right at home. ..
Here is what you need and what I use:

Note: Make sure that you make this in advance before enjoying it. The longer it sits the better the taste. I don't suggest letting it sit for days at a time. At minimum 3hours at most overnight.

Here is what you need:
Glass Pitcher or a regular one is fine(I just like using a glass one to show off the cucumbers)

2 medium size cucumbers

Ice Cubes (optional)

2 or 3 mint leaves for decoration (optional)

Directions:

1. Fill a pitcher with water
2. Slice one of the cucumbers (sit aside the other to use later)
3. Put the sliced cucumber in the pitcher and put the pitcher in the refrigerator.


*When you are ready to serve. . take out the cucumbers in the pitcher and throw them way. then slice up the second cucumber and put it in the water. . along with the hints of mint(optional) . . Ive also put in a couple slices of lemon too. . (optional). You can add the ice cubes if youd like and wallll llaaaaa there you go. .

If you give it a try. . let me know how you like it. .
I will post a lemon and orange water recipe later . .:)

Photo credit: marthasteward.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails