Search This Blog

Join Natural High

Paint Your Fingers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Precious

I'm sure everyone has seen the previews for the heart drenching movie "Precious."
I actually saw the previews for this movie when I went to see "Good Hair."

The movie is based on the book "PUSH" by Sapphire. It's about a young teenage girl named "Precious," that endures sexual...emotional... and physical abuse by her mother.
Precious is 16 and is pregnant with her second child.






The previews for this movie is nothing I have ever seen before. It seemed so raw and uncut.


The movies all star cast is seen in a very different setting...stripped of the glam... and flashing lights. As I was watching the previews... It took me a minute or two to recognize the well known celebs.
The movie stars comedian Monique, actress Paula Patton, singer Mariah Carey, comedian and The View co-host Sherri Shepard.






The movie also introduces Gabourey "Gabby" Sidibe in the starring role as Precious.

I would like to read the book first. I have had a couple friends share their reviews of the novel. They said it's like nothing they have ever read before.

I will keep you posted on the novel...and when I see the film.

If you've seen it or read the book....,
Leave a comment tell us what you think....

Later:)




Photo credit: imbd.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails