Search This Blog

Join Natural High

Paint Your Fingers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Question: Got Fluffy?

Ok. . I was asked by a friend "How can I get my hair to be fuller and fluffier?" I know there are many people that simply do not have very thick hair. Even when you go natural sometimes your hair may just not have the fluff you want.

Try this:

1. Two-strand twist your hair when it is wet using what ever products that you feel comfortable using. Don't use anything heavy. It will take your hair longer to dry. As I have mentioned before, I love Cantu's Leave-in-Conditioner. Whatever you use, make sure it is a good moisturizer. (Take a peek at my earlier post of moisturizing products)

2. Set your hair on some regular flex twist soft rollers.
Like these. ..

These are some I haven't even opened yet.

If you have the regular old school sponge/foam rollers like this. .

Then that is fine too. . just be careful because these type of rollers dries the hair out and we don't want that.


3. Let you hair set. I like to do this type of roller set at night because I don't want to loose my hair out prematurely. You want to give it more that enough time to dry.
It may also help to sit underneath a hair dryer. I know many people don't like doing it. . but hey it may help. :)

4. When you are ready to loose you hair out, first check to see if it is dry. I know it might be hard to tell by the touch. You can also carefully loose out one roller and see if it is dry in the middle. The middle seems to always take the longest because it's in the middle right. . :)

5. Ok.... your hair is dry and ready to get loosed out. Take the rollers first. Then loose out the two strands.

6. Finger comb your hair fluffing it up all over. Don't put a comb or a brush to your head. The idea is to keep the curl by just finger combing it. Your curl will also last longer. Well at least it does for me.

7. So your hair is nice and fluffy. You can rub a little bit of light oil on your head to give it some shine, but don't put anything very heavy on your head as mentioned before. It will make your hair go south.

8. Now it's time for bed. I'm sure you want to keep the style for a least a couple more days. I know I would.

You can pin curl you hair with some regular bobby pins. I like to use the jumbo ones like this. .


This will take about 15 minutes. . maybe a little longer if it's your first time. Using your finger, pick up a small section of the hair and use your finger to simply twirl in the direction of the curl while pressing it on your head,then secure it with the bobby pin.

Note: Some people can not sleep with rollers in their heads. I suggest using the pin curl method instead of rollers if you do. I've done it before and my curls were just as nice.

Here are a couple pics from my most recent roller fluff job


My hair came out a little frizzier. . but I still liked it. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails