Search This Blog

Join Natural High

Paint Your Fingers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Solange Knowles New Look: "I'm No Soul Girl, quipped with no Afro, I'm Just My God Given Name. ."





Well by now. . I'm sure everyone has seen Solange Knowles new look.


Yeah she wore alot wigs and hair pieces, but I'm sure her hair wasn't looking how it looks now.


I love it of course :) I think its very bold and daring, especially being in the spotlight of what beauty is "suppose" to look like. . .




According to her twitter. . she said she wasn't trying to make a statement, but just trying to "release herself from the bondage black women put on themselves."






She also tweeted this. . ..

"I'm no soul girl, quipped with no Afro, I'm just my God given name." (this is a lyric in the song, God Given Name, on her CD, Sol Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams, which is a really nice CD by the way. . thanks Cass :)



I love this pic on the left. . very nice. . :)

Go Solange!!!


So what do ya think?














2 comments:

*K-Dab* said...

U already know im not too fond of it!! lol!! I dont feel like she had to cut her hair completely off to be released from "bondage that black women put on themselves"!!

Natural High said...

you know what your right. . I can agree with that. . sometimes I think we can go a little overboard with the whole bondage thing. .

Related Posts with Thumbnails